Monday, October 8, 2012

I figured I'd throw some spice into this recipe box:

This is my mom's mince meat recipe. It's pretty spicy. Most of the spices you have to get from an Indian grocery store. Colby and I both liked it...but we also like spicy food :)


Keema Recipe:
Onion: 1 cut in to small pieces
Ginger / Garlic paste: 1 tbs spoon
Cloves: 4 or 5
Coriander leaves: Optional
Green chillies : optional
Chillipowder: 2Tbs
Coriander / jeera powder: optional: 1tbs
Garlic cloves : 6 Peeled optional
Mince beef /chicken / turkey : 1 pound
Oil : 4 tbspoon
Salt to taste
heat large skillet , put oil, add onions and stir fry them till till transparent and little brown.Wash ( you
can also microwave mince meat in lots of hotwater so that fat comes off) and add the mince to the
onions. Add salt, chilli powder, coriander and jeera powder, green chillies, peeled garlic cloves mix
well and stir and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, add water ½ cup or ¾ cup. When it’s boiling, add ginger garlic
pasted. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes til it becomes thick with right consistency and cooked. Add Coriander
to garnish. ( You can also add chopped tomatoes / potatoes / capsicum after adding water – tastes
different with each vegetable. )


4 comments:

  1. I totally want to try this...I will have to start looking for an Indian food store. Maybe I can talk you into going with me when you come for Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! You can always omit the chili powder and chili's to make it mild. Tomatoes and red and green peppers are always a good addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm not afraid of a little spice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if you don't do Chili and chili poweder, that will just make it not spicy but still allow for the taste to be there? I will admit, I am afraid of spice! haha

    ReplyDelete